Andrew B. Platt
Andrew joined the transactional practice group of Woods & Erickson LLP in 2007 and serves clients in commercial transactions, corporate governance, and commercial real estate and finance matters. Andrew’s clients are operating around the country and on five continents. Andrew serves as outside corporate counsel for online and technology companies as well as advising closely-held businesses groups in diverse industries including aviation, commercial development, and entertainment.
He graduated cum laude from Brigham Young University Law School and draws on the perspective gained from wise judges through internships at State and Federal Courts. He was admitted to the Nevada Bar in 2007 and the California Bar in 2009.
Andrew attended high school in the United Arab Emirates, served as a volunteer missionary in Northern France, and has since lived in Arizona and Nevada. He has volunteered with legal aid and served on the board of a charter school for at-risk youth.
Publications and Presentations
- Speaker: Use of 501(c)(6) Associations by Industries Susceptible to “Flash Point” Regulation, 2011 Biomedical Skills Laboratory Management Symposium.
- Student Comment: The Fate of Domestic Exporters Under the Byrd Amendment as a Case Study for Resuscitating Last-in-Time Treaty Interpretation, 3 INT’L L. MGMT. REV. 171 (2007).
- Business Law
- Business Planning
- Commercial Transactions
- Government Affairs and Regulatory Disputes
- Real Estate
- Succession and Estate Planning
- Transnational Business Transactions